Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazda 5 - Our next car!!!

23K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  perfecto 
#1 ·
My family is expanding so I've been faced with pressure to get a larger car to haul up to 6 people (me, wife, 2 kids, and 2 grand parents). My wife and I have even gone as far as test drive a Honda Pilot. But if what I see in this article works out, this is what I am getting:

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101498

I don't like large vehicles. They are slow, ponderous, eats gas, and a b*tch to drive around in tight quarters. This is *PERFECT*

Some more pictures:

See less See more
#27 ·
This car is perfect for my sister. She was looking for a small 4cyl thing, with SUV benefits(space 6/7 passenger) but drove like a car and was cheap. This fits the bill perfectly. I would be interested to see S Plan pricing and if there will be any rebates, hopefully a loyalty rebate.

BTW, you could deal on the early 6's, just ones w/o sport package. I got my 2003 in July 2003 for what could've been 15k if I had taken rebates over 0%, but was around 17k. It was a 6i base with alloys, alarm and power seat, MSRP 19,850. OTD w/ 0%, 18.5k. Take the $2000 rebate and would've been 16.5k OTD, or about 15k before TTL. The sport package 6's didn't have the $1250 loyalty rebate, or the $2000/0% at the time.

#28 ·
This is alot better than 6 wagon. Mainly because all seats are same size. Mazda6's rear seats are basically 2 seats with that little thing in the middle they call real. It can't hold 3 full sized adults comfortably, while this minivan can hold 6 full sized adults comfortably looking at the pics..

#33 ·
Some new official (Euro) pics:

www.4car.co.uk had driven the Mazda5:

Assets: Stylish shape for a seven-seater, surprisingly fun to drive, roomy and cleverly designed cabin, quiet at speed, ingenious hard-drive music player, sliding rear doors

Drawbacks: Too many hard plastics in the cabin, centre-row middle seat decidedly occasional, seats not removable

Summary: If you want a compact seven-seater with proper rear seats, decent looks and a fair dose of fun-to-drive, the Mazda 5 is that car

The whole test:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/M/mazda/505-/505-.html

Too bad we (European) will see it mostly without alloys, tinted windows and such... just like the Mazda2, Mazda3 and Mazda6 :(

#35 ·
Mazda5 ready for shipment!

It's June 1. Just saw massive numbers of the Mazda5 ready to be shipped.

Saw these Mazda5 cars on the Navy Base at Port Hueneme, CA. I believe the majority of Mazdas come into the US through this port. Mazda leases land to store vehicles before delivery. I remember seeing the Mazda3 on the base before it was on the streets, and I just had to have one!

Here is a link to the photos I took of the 5.

#37 ·
perfecto said:
Wow, great pictures. I know where they store the Canadian inventory (I live in Vancouver) and I'm going to have to go down there and see if they have any 5's. :) Got any more pictures?
Those are my only pictures of the Mazda5's here on base. I, too, was surprised to see those here, but then again, I saw the RX-8 and Mazda3's long before they were at any dealer. I kinda like the look of the Mazda5, and probably would consider buying one if it were a 5-seater (ie, bench second-row seat and no third-row seats). I like the size of the vehicle for utility purposes, and I don't REALLY need seating for more than two people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.