Mazda3 Forums banner

2013 Mazda2 key programming

9K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  driver33b 
#1 ·
*Hi guys, I just bought a new flip key off the Bay from an aussie seller with about 500 sales and 100% feedback. Bids started at $50 for new Mazda2 flip/key with 2 button remote...arrived in 2 days....the seller was not interested in my FFD which was SKE 126-01 so this may not be so important on late model cars...3/2013 The unit is identical to my original except for the numbers after SKE 126-1 are completely different.

I followed the instructions from the Mazda3 forum for remote 'programming' ....no problems other than "lock and unlock the drivers door with the door open"....I could not do this without putting a working key in the ignition, turning to on and then off and remove...then quickly open the door and 'lock/unlock" from the door button. My ECU did not respond with any auto locking/unlocking, other than the remote reacting to the the dble. push. Follow the instructions though.* http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=208243

Got the key cut for $7.70 then back home to program the transponder....using 2 keys....easier than the remote...simply insert working key and turn to 'on' position...until the 'key' on the dash goes out...then turn 'off' remove key...quickly insert 2nd key and do the same....then quickly insert NEW key and do the same...it may take a second or two for the ECU to read the new key...key light goes off...you're done....I got it on the 1st go...others 2nd and 3rd goes.
Plenty of videos on the Tube as well.

$50+$9 del. $7.70 cut=$66.70** 2 quotes were $520 and $460 one guy wanted the car for the day!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.